- 1 1/4 cups extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/2 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 cup light soy sauce
- 6 small shallots, finely chopped (about 2/3 cup)
- 1/3 cup thyme leaves, chopped
- 1 teaspoon Tabasco sauce
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- 2 pounds peeled and deveined medium shrimp
Combine all ingredients and marinate for as little as 15 minutes, cook mixture in skillet for a few minutes (turning shrimp once) and serve over pasta with some blended grated cheese and crusty bread with butter.
Original recipe is grilled shrimp served atop crusty bread with the prepared marinade and can be found here.